Everyone knows sticky notes, those yellow notes we use everyday to remind us of tasks, missed calls and other important things? You can now use them in their digital version with Stickies!
With Stickies you can replace the traditional sticky yellow notes with more ecological, efficient digital notes that are 'pinned' to your desktop. Stickies notes are much more than small text fragments: you can customize their appearance with new background colors and text fonts, attach a file to them, add an alarm to them and more.
Stickies runs in the background but is very lightweight on system resources. The program puts an icon in the system tray, from which you can access its main functions. Other interesting extra functions are the ability to share notes by email or in a local network, as well as the backup option that makes sure you'll never lose an important note.
Stickies is a handy little program that will remind you of anything – and help you save a few trees!
- New features:
- API: added "get snap" command
- API: "do new encoded" (supersedes "do new sleeping encoded")
- Pen cursor in an image sticky updates with colour and size
- NoRTLKeys=1 ini file setting to disable the control+shift RTL toggle keypress
- Doesn't quit if it can't create the tray icon
- Stickies woken permanently have the original ID
- Sped up window attach check rate to ten times a second
- Sticky titles altered from "ASticky" to "ASticky: 243978539047"
- "On top" and "not on top" notes are added to bulk action lists separately
- Now logs why/how stickies was exited
- Attached stickies with alarms set will now show for for their alarm when their window is not present
- Now remembers the last backup directory used
- No longer restores last selected category in Manage, therefore fixing a "not waking" bug under Windows 7
- No longer always saves data file as app shuts down
- Fixed problem with sizing Google list columns in Options
- Font MRU list now actually works, rather than just filling up once and stopping
- Fixed bug with pen colour skin elements not always updating
- 'Periodic sync' controls are now disabled on the Networking tab when networking is disabled
- Can't now choose New Sticky/Category from the File menu in the Manage dialog when recurring is selected
- Buttons on a skin which disappear when the note loses focus now also take their tooltip with them
- Setting 'ghost' off when it was already off ended up putting it on
- API problem with waking recurring stickies with "prevent duplicate" enabled resolved
- Sharing violation on Stickies load error message path fixed
- No longer changes a sticky modified date when getting a friends list or updating the sender
- Only visible notes are added to bulk move/action list
- Bug with rolling up not refreshing tooltip locations fixed
- Bug with tooltips for elements dependant on "image" not updating as one becomes an image fixed
- Bug with elements dependant on focus not redrawing correctly fixed
- No longer responds to any API commands until app is completely ready for them